Monday, October 16, 2006

Kofu Catholic Church



I went to Kofu Catholic Church yesterday, I'm not christian...sorry, but I've heard this church was built in 1925 and avoided the air-raid fire during the war.
About 1 year ago this old church faced to pull down, one of the architect help to keep this building in future.Now, they still try to find the way to leave it.
I saw his blog, know his campain and rediscover the fascinate of Yamanashi. He loves and introduces the modern buildings(at least they are more 50 years old) in Yamanashi. For me
these buildings are very familiar on my daily basis. My friend who saw and read his blog said,
"The impression of buildings is slightlydifferent from the others definetely. Is it in Kofu? It's cool!"




Ceiling

I thought it was wooden, but seems to be cement?! I don't know well, anyway not wooden.
Lily mean innocence









6 icons are there set in 1928.

Do you find one of icons wear KIMONO?
I'm very surprised ! why did the prist choose him ?
I don't know exactly, but ... maybe the prist preferred obscure martyr.

Quiet and soft time here heal everything.


It's very near from Kofu castle park. 10 minites from Kofu station by walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home